Monday, April 6, 2015

Exploring Thuringia

Today I want to show you where I spent my Easter weekend...

... my husband and I went to two differnt cities in the federal state of Thuringia (in East Germany). Its close to where we live but still we never went there so we thought its time :)

First we went to the city of Jena where we spent Saturday; drinking coffee, going shopping and eating out in a really good Thai restaurant. That day I did not take many pictures, since I was too busy enjoying our solo time. On Sunday we went to the small town of Naumburg (after having a long a really good breakfast in our hotel) and from this town I would like to share some pictures...



We had actually no idea what to expect from Naumburg and we were so surprised when we found out that the town is very well known for its Cathedral (known in German as the Naumburger Dom), which was built between the 13th and 15th centuries. Its a little embarrasing that we did not even know that we live so close to this landmark, but hey, at least we know it now ;) 

What else I really like about Naumburg are the contrasts between really beautiful and huge buildings and decaying houses and streets... these contrats can actually be found in almost every town in Eastern Germany. And I guess this is also why I like it around here. In Northern Germany, where I lived most of my life villages and cities are really different from here and I am always fascinated again and again, when visiting new places in Eastern Germany.


Naumburg is really small so we just spent some three hours there, but it was really nice exploring the old town and having some tea and cake on the market place :) 

I hope you had a nice Easter weekend too! What have you been up to? 
I wish you all a wonderful start in the new week!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Photos are really beautiful!

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked with you now))
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Happy Easter!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little town! I would love to go to Germany one day! I'm glad you had a great Easter!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, das sieht ja wirklich ganz und gar wundervoll dort aus! Das kann ich mir bestens vorstellen, dass Ihr positiv überrascht wart :) Mein Mann und ich reden oft darüber, dass wir immer wieder etwas ganz Neues sogar bei uns in der Gegend entdecken, obwohl wir wirklich ganz viel in unserer Heimat unterwegs sind. Das Gute liegt oft tatsächlich so nah ... Danke für die tollen Fotos und ich hoffe, es geht Euch weiterhin gut.
    Alles Liebe von Rena

    International Giveaway: Zatchels Bag as Thank-You for the Supporter of my Hobby
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what beautiful buildings. Glad you enjoyed the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the place looks anything I could kill for a visit. U r lucky. must include this in my list to see places.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your visit :)
    Love the photos! Amazing place!
    ---> Fashion Blog: The Silver Feline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great place.
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ui, solch hübsche Städtchen! Hat sich gelohnt, der Ausflug!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lovely town, I love visiting nice little places like this. Hope you had a great Easter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to visit and explore,
    looks awesome,such a beautiful little town
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are constantly making trips! I'm jealous! I'm so glad you got to spend a weekend away with your husband though. Sounds perfect- relaxing and exploring! I love the look of the distressed buildings as well, really neat!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rosa!!
    This was a very nice town where spending your Easter!!!
    A friend of mine went in Erasmus in Jena! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!
I am always happy to hear about your opinion, advices and whatever else comes to your mind when visiting my blog :)